Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Thank you Mr. Rubik

I don't know if any of you have ever had a desk job but I do.  And it's not the kind of desk job where I can get up occasionally and walk away if I need to.  No, my ass is in a chair tethered to a phone by a 4 foot spiral corded headset.  When I'm on the phone with a customer there isn't much I can do while they endlessly babble into my ear.  I can't get on the internet or play a game on my iPhone... I can only sit there and hope that my brain doesn't explode.  Naturally, I've had to find ways to keep my sanity while I'm chained up for 40 hours a week.  So what do I do?  Rubik's cube.  I told my mom about my work woes about a year or so ago and she got me one thinking it would keep my attention for a while... and it did.  I had figured it out in a week and now I seriously solve a Rubik's cube about 40-50 times a day.  I honestly think it's what keeps me sane.  It usually takes me about 2 minutes to solve one from being completely mixed up but I've been known to get lucky and do it in under 90 seconds from time to time.  So thanks Mom and thanks Mr. Rubik.  You all are the reason I still have eyes as I surely would have gouged them out by now if it weren't for you.

1 comment:

Bakes. said...

i had no idea you weer so talented. haha. (but seriously, i've never solved on in my life.)